What’s Around Us
The Gulf Station is less than a minute’s walk from The Station by Compo Hotels. Simply cross over the SRT and you can pick up any last minute supplies including craft beer!
Want to catch up on how Travelers Rest was brought to be all that it is today? The History Museum of Travelers Rest is a minute walk down the trail from your Wedge.
During the spring and summer months, don’t miss out on the Saturday farmer’s market. It’s located in Trailblazer Park which is about a 5 minute walk from The Station.
Following the SRT along TR’s Main Street, you’ll find
- TR’s Oriental is a 10 minute walk on the Trail offering casual, Asian fare.
- Sushi Yama is also a 10 minute walk from The Station and is rumored to be the best of the Upstate.
- If you’re looking for a cooky combination of flavors that blend together like magic, try Resident Diner! What started as a food cart now has its only brick and mortar location just a 5 minute walk from The Station. Offering hotdogs, sandwiches, and a weekly rotating meat and 3 platter, you’re sure to find something on the menu to satisfy a craving.
- The Whistle Stop Cafe is a 15 minute walk along the Trail and provides a large selection of casual foods.
- The famous Sidewall Pizza Co. is right up the road and also about a 15 minute walk from The Station. With multiple pizza bases to choose from, countless toppings, and an ice cream flavor of the week specialty, this place will not disappoint.
- Next to Sidewall is Tree House Cafe & Studio, open from morning until late afternoon.
- Monkey Wrench, up the road, will satisfy any barbeque cravings from lunch through dinner.
- TruBroth Coffee & Vietnamese is a casual dining and coffee stop.
- Topsoil will cure your dinner wants and needs with its carefully curated menu. It’s a 20 minute walk from The Station and bound to be delicious!
- Another great lunch and dinner spot is Shortfields Travelers Rest. It’s also a 20 minute walk and has a large menu to ensure there’s something for everyone.
- Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse, famous for its hip atmosphere and delicious crepes, is 20 minutes up the trail and on the other side of the street.
- Petee’s Good Foods is about 20 minutes up the Trail and is a classic diner for burgers, fries and milkshakes.
- Chicora Alley TR is a 30 minute walk or just a 4 minute drive right off of TR’s main street. They offer homemade desserts and a large menu. You can’t go wrong ordering anything here!
- Oak Fire Pizza serves up fresh wood fired pizzas and burgers. You’ll be sure to leave feeling satisfied and wanting to return!
- Leopard Forest Coffee supplies our locally roasted coffee bags that stock our units. We suggest stopping by to see the space for yourself!
- Travelers Rest’s newest coffee shop is Bridge City. They provide excellent coffee and a relaxing space to enjoy. Just a 10 minute walk from The Station; stop in on your next downtown adventure!
shopping, and more!
- Community Tap is the spot to hit for local craft beer and delicious wine with an awesome open-air patio and an excellent, knowledgeable staff. Located in downtown Travelers Rest, Community Tap is just a short walk on the Trail away.
- Looking for a beer and game night? Go to Travelers Tap Room! They often have food trucks, supply board games, and offer a welcoming environment for families and pets.
- The Flop Shop offers trendy clothes, accessories, and gifts and is just a 10 minute walk on the SRT.
- Charlies Southern Rustiques is the local place to hit for anything antique! Just a 10 minute walk from The Station, you’ll want to stop by.
- The Tasting Room is the one stop shop for all things wine. Whether you’ve scheduled a tasting or want to purchase a bottle to drink in your room, they’re sure to set you up well.
- As the Page Turns is a place where book lovers will feel right at home. Whether looking for new or used, you’ll find it all here.
- The Carolina Honey Bee Company is for all things honey bees! Looking for a beginners honey bee class? Wanting to buy fresh honey or honeycomb? Look no more because it’s all here! A 20 minute walk up the Trail on Main Street or a 4 minute drive will get you where you need to go.
- Sunrift Adventures is a 20 minute walk and has all things outdoor. You can get fully outfitted for your adventures and rent a bike or boat for your stay.
- Dodson Fishing Company has everything fly fishing. The knowledgeable staff can help with any questions you may have AND it’s just a 5 minute drive away!
- Unity Park is Greenville’s newest park and is located just 8 miles down the SRT. Here, you can stop in The Commons for a bite to eat, a beer, or a coffee, and a place to get some work done.